Episode 0.05 With a “B”
Kickstarting All The Things and Ungreedy Capitalism
In which we try out a 15-minute show format (and manage to run to 22 minutes, of course—you’re not really surprised, are you?) on one topic: Kickstarter hitting a billion dollars funded.
- Kickstart All The Things (0:40–13:57): Kickstarter hits a billion dollars, so we wax eloquent about just how neat the whole project is.
- Ungreedy Capitalism (13:57–22:05): We talk about how Kickstarter’s business model and company structure are different in really good ways, and the history and future of capitalism.
- Opening music: “It’s Fine, It’s Fine”, from Westroy Sessions Volume Two by Daniel G. Harman. Used by permission.
- Closing music: “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. Used by dint of being written for the show.
- Kickstarter’s latest stats
- Freakonomics: Pontiff-icating on the Free-Market System