Episode 0.07 Schrödinger's Law
The Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare") and Implementation Driving Policy
In which we talk about the Affordable Care Act and how implementation—both at a technological level and at a general political level—public perception, and policy combine in strange and surprising ways.
- Intro and Overview (2:45)
- Technology Failure (2:45–8:36): on how the initial failure of [HealthCare.gov][hc.g] shaped public perception of the ACA.
- Implementation Matters (8:36–15:58): on how policy in general is always dependent on how it is put in place.
- Conclusion (17:28)
- “Comatose”, by Hayden Calnin. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme”, by Chris Krycho. Used by dint of being written for the show.
- One of many articles talking about the dysfunction that led to the technological failure: Healthcare.gov and Obama’s Micromanagement Problem