In which we tackle copyright (or left, as you like), barely touch on patents, and generally try to think about how to handle questions of intellectual property as consumers and creators thereof in the brave new world of digital economics and cheap copies of everything (even Nike shoes).
- Intro (1:02)
- The Reason for Copyright (1:02–8:22)
- Valuing Products in Different Ways (8:22–19:55)
- “Pay Me For This Thing” (19:55–26:55)
- Conclusion (28:10)
We know. Pretty sweet sounds. Even if we do say so ourselves.
- “New Life”, from New Life, by Stephen Carradini. Used because we can do whatever we want with our own music! (Turns out, in this case, so can you…)
- “Winning Slowly Theme”, by Chris Krycho. See above!
Things we talked about in the show you might want to read some more about. We give them to you for free!
- Spreadable Media: Creating Value and Meaning in a Networked Culture, by Henry Jenkins
- Stratechery.fm Episode 02: Fat as a Service
- CCLI – church copyright licenses, designed to allow churches to use music in their services without paying exorbitant fees