Episode 1.02 On Family
You Can't Have It All; Singleness Not a Disaster; and Family, Work, Innovation, and the Long View
In which we talk about one of the longest views: family. In particular, we look at the ways that all our pursuits—especially those having to do with family—force us to make choices about what we value most and to allocate our time accordingly. After all, one’s impact on one’s family is far more long-lasting than nearly anything else we do. We also spend some time thinking about the responsibilities of corporations to develop expectations that support families as genuinely valuable to culture
- Intro (2:43)
- You Can’t Have It All (2:43–11:55)
- Singleness Not a Disaster (11:55–16:32)
- Family, Work, Innovation, and the Long View (16:32–28:50)
- Conclusion (28:50–32:09)
- “Walls For The Wind”, from Nature’s Burrito by The Parmesans. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme”, by Chris Krycho. Used by dint of being written the show. Not too bad for a digitally voiced piano.