Blogging is not what it was in 2008. It has changed in some ways for the better, in some ways for the worse, and in a few ways that it’s hard to tell. Picking up from an Iranian blogger, Hossein Derakhshan, who was jailed for his political views in 2008, we take a look at hyperlinking, the stream, and personal agency. How can we keep the good of the blog world of 2008 and the good of the stream?
- “The Web We Have to Save” (Hossein Derakhshan)
- “The End of Surfing” (Chris Krycho)
- “79 These on Technology. For Disputation” (Alan Jacobs)
- Previously on the show:
Before You Go
TUCOWS, parent company of Hover and Ting nailed its response to an intrusion on their servers. Note that Chris uses both Hover and Ting, and in fact winningslowly.org is registered at Hover—but we’re not getting anything from them (rather the opposite!)
See also our tweets back and forth with them here—turns out a kind word can be really appreciated.
- “Plastic Skateboard” by Brave Baby. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. This week, with an all-new… no, actually. There’s nothing new about this. It’s still great, though, right?
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at or give directly via Square Cash.