In which we start by looking at how to think about buying new phones… And then pivot into a discussion of major economic transitions. Like robots.
- Carriers dropping subsidies:
- Motorola Razr
- “Pre to postmortem: the inside story of the death of Palm and webOS” (The Verge)
- How Blackberry Fell (The New Yorker)
- MMS (multimedia messaging hack)
- on iOS: “iOS bug lets anyone crash your iPhone with a text message” (The Guardian)
- on Android: “950 million Android phones can be hijacked by malicious text messages” (Ars Technica)
- Windows Phone
- From the Garden to the City
- Previously on the show:
Before You Go
The Atlantic’s new Notes (blogging) section, with “comments” via email. Perhaps particularly relevant to our listeners is their response to Chris’ email. Note that they followed up a couple days after the episode was recorded with a personal email noting that they’d launched
- “Pirates”, by Heptagon Heaven. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. Slowly winning the “can’t get it out of your head” spot in every listener’s inner ear.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas