Episode 3.09 Many Beautiful Things
Ryan O'Neal on Many Beautiful Things, his career as an artist, and the present and future of the music industry
In which we spend some time talking with Ryan O’Neal of Sleeping at Last about his soundtrack for the film Many Beautiful Things, and then branch out to discuss business and distribution models for artists in the 21st century.
- Many Beautiful Things:
- Sleeping at Last
- Hans Zimmer
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Previously on the show:
Before You Go
- Charity water:
- All music from Many Beautiful Things by Sleeping at Last. Used by permission. Go buy this fantastic album!
- Intro: “Overture (Instrumental)”
- 5:38–6:58: “Almost Idyllic”
- 17:07–18:58: “Seeing”
- 27:10–28:28: “Ill Equipped”
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho, who wishes he were cool enough to write 36 songs in a year.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up on Twitter, App.net, Facebook, or via email!