We talk about how we present ourselves on social media: what happens as we present different aspects of ourselves over time? How do we manage those changes? How does the flattening out effect of social media and searchability intersect (or conflict) with the way we think about our social circles in “real” (that is, embodied, non-virtual) life?
- Augustine’s Retractions
- First Friday in Raleigh
- “Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg thinks telepathy tech is on its way” – The Guardian
- Google Buzz
- Google Plus Circles
- Configuring the Networked Self, Julie Coen
Before You Go
- “Ahmed Mohamed swept up, ‘hoax bomb’ charges swept away as Irving teen’s story floods social media” – The Dallas Morning News
- “We Stand with Ahmed (and We Hope He’ll Join Us for Astronomy Night)” – WhiteHouse.gov
- “Modern Language” by Postcards from Jeff. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas