In which we talk about everything from Kickstarter to farms, and wonder what the future of micro- and macro-economies will be.
- The World is Flat, Thomas Friedman
- New Rustacean, Chris’ other podcast
- “Kickstarter Lesson #65: How to Get US Backers if You’re Running a Non-US-Based Kickstarter Campaign”
- “Hong Kong has probably lost HSBC’s headquarters for good—and Beijing is to blame”
- “The Facebook-loving Farmers of Myanmar”
Previously on the Show
- 4.03: The Podcast Awakens—in which we talked about global fandoms specifically in the context of Star Wars
- 3.12: Hungarian Folk Music—in which we talked about musical (sub)cultures not especially well-served by the current music market, but also how the internet is helping subcultures thrive
- “Solitude” by Alpenglow. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. Still Creative Commons Attribution licensed.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!