We talk about nation-states, war, hopes of permanent peace and how “the end of history” and the notion of fewer major wars is likely a pipe dream. But also, how to think about foreign policy issues as citizens of nations we love, and the value of nation-states even in a “global village.”
- Fall of the Berlin Wall
- Russo-Japanese War
- World War I
- World War II
- Proxy wars
- Kaliningrad Oblast (Russian exclave on Atlantic ocean)
- Gulf Wars
- “War on Terror”
- “Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine” (All of Vox’s coverage)
- China’s building islands in the South China Sea
- “End of history”
- North Korea hack of Sony
- Britain considering exit from EU (“Brexit”)
- Putin flexing
- “Warpaint On” by Risley. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. He doesn’t need permission to use his own stuff. But you know what? It’s Creative Commons Attribution licensed… so neither do you.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!