There’s a wave of populism sweeping the world. Twitter and Facebook are some of the epicenters of the new populism. How should we think about interacting with radical populists in general? And what about specifically on social media?
- “Is Google Making Us Stupid (Nick Carr at The Atlantic)”
- Bernie Sanders runs to man who fainted during speech (CNN)
Previously on the Show
- 4.05: The Price of Democracy – the necessity and the limitations of gradualism, incrementalism, and compromise in politics.
- 3.11: Augustine’s Podcast – Social circles on- and offline and differences between our embodied and virtual selves.
- 3.04: Mom Memes – Generational shifts in social media and the diversifying web
- 0.01: We Need Some Context – Religious twittering, Google nesting, and hobbyists careering.
- “Optimist” by Wanderwild. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. If you’re wondering what it would sound like as a majorly epic score, he’s thought about doing that version.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!