We take on civil forfeiture. The short version: we hate it. It’s a wicked injustice and we think it ought to be fought, and fought hard. (If you want to hear Chris and Stephen get actually angry about something, this is the episode.) The first of two episodes recorded live at NCSU on September 22, 2016.
- “Civil forfeiture in the United States” – Wikipedia
- “NYPD admits accounting for its civil-forfeiture seizures is hopeless” – RT
- “Asset Forfeiture Abuse” – ACLU
- “Civil Forfeiture” – Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- “Police Can Use a Legal Gray Area to Rob Anyone of Their Belongings” – Kaveh Waddell, The Atlantic
- “Faint Not” by Jenny & Tyler – used by permission, and with the deepest gratitude.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. Not quite as awesome as Jenny & Tyler, but that’s okay.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Kurt Klassen
- Jeremy Cherfas
- Jeremy W. Sherman
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!