We attempt to take down the idea that more data is the solution to our problems. Without wisdom, and without an ethical frame, numbers mean nothing.
- The metadata of experience, the experience of metadata – Nick Carr
- China’s New Frontiers in Dystopian Tech – Rene Chun at The Atlantic
- “Smart” refigerators DDOS-ing things
- Modern-day redlining: How banks block people of color from homeownership
- See also: Ta-Nehisi Coates’ discussion of redlining in his much-discussed piece in The Atlantic, “The Case For Reparations”
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Andrew Fallows
- Kurt Klassen
- Jake Grant
- Jeremy W. Sherman
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!