Major figures we discuss in this episode:
- Alan Jacobs’ recent work The Year of Our Lord 1943: Christian Humanism in an Age of Crisi
- Jacques Ellul
- C. S. Lewis
- T. S. Eliot
- Jacques Mauritain
- Simone Weil
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Other topics/figures/books/etc. we mentioned:
- The Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate
- “A Conflict of Crypto Visions” – Arjun Balaji on Thomas Sowell’s A Conflict of Visions
- Oliver O’Donovan – see especially his Resurrection and Moral Order
- natural law and the naturalistic fallacy
- Chris’ newsletter and specifically his issue on 1943: Have We Already Lost?
Also, Audio Hijack saved our bacon because Chris’ computer temporarily lost power due to a blizzard—and we lost nothing. If you’re in the business of audio and on a Mac, you should check out Rogue Amoeba’s excellent apps.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Daniel Ellcey
- Jake Grant
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Marnix Klooster
- Nathaniel Blaney
- Spencer Smith
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!