The Postmodern Condition, Jean–François Lyotard
Chris, because he was slightly sick, forgot that although we were recording in February, the episode was coming out in March. This threw off everything we said about dates for the rest of the episode. Whoops!
(The book schedule is adjusted accordingly below.)
Things mentioned on the show
- “Information wants to be free”
- The Year of Our Lord 1943, Alan Jacobs, which we discussed in 7.01: Do We Really Need to Keep the Internet Around?
- Simone Weil
- Jacques Ellul
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, Thomas Kuhn
- From Chris’ newsletter, quoting and discussing Elizabeth Eisenstein’s note on learning: Across the Sundering Seas 2020 #07
- Richard Dawkins
- Apophatic theology and via negativa
- April: The Age of Spiritual Machines, Ray Kurzweil
- May: Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton (and the movie!)
- June: Dark Matters: On the Surveillance of Blackness, Simone Brown
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Daniel Ellcey
- Douglas Campos
- Jake Grant
- Marnix Klooster
- Spencer Smith
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!