Ashley Madison got hacked and blackmailed by people who hate Ashley Madison’s adultery-as-a-business-model, erm, business model. We also hate adultery, but we’re not so sure that hacking and blackmail is the right solution to this particular problem.
- Ashley Madison hacked
- The DMCA
- Lives being ruined: “Married Man Whose Name Was Leaked In Ashley Madison Hack By The Impact Team Speaks: 20-Year Marriage, $19 Paid Delete”
- Very human reactions: “Ashley Madison hack: ‘Out of all the data breaches, this is probably the funniest’—It’s hard not to feel sorry for the site’s adulterous users, but when I think of how betrayed they must feel…”
- Rule of law
- Just one example of another contentious issue: “Undercover video shows Planned Parenthood official discussing fetal organs used for research”
- Previously on the show:
Before You Go
Maybe it’s not a great idea to network all the things—Ars Technica: “Fiat Chrysler recalls 1.4 million cars over remote hack vulnerability Uconnect bug can shut down engine and brakes, take over steering.”
- “There’s No Love”, by We Are Magnetic. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. He’s been playing with electronica lately, so maybe you’ll get an electronica version eventually—but maybe not, because that would be a little strange.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas