If you listen to Hungarian folk music, or classical music, or recordings of live shows, or obscure bands, then the (otherwise pretty decent) GraceNotes CD database and the many apps that rely on it might not really work for you. We talk about why that might be and how we might think about fixing it.
- “The Enhanced Experience So Far: It’s the Indies Who Support the Fledgling [Enhanced CD] Format”
- “The Invention of Compact Discs”
- Hungarian Folk Music
- Ryan Adams, 1989
- Dart Music
- Creative Commons
- Lawrence Lessig
- Max Richter
- Ingrid Michaelson
- Murray Gold
- Amanda Petrusich’s Do Not Sell At Any Price
Before You Go
The Atlantic Notes—still absolutely killing it. Good work, guys.
- “Psychrocker” by Honeymilk featuring De Montevert. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho, who is getting that composing itch again…
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up on Twitter, App.net, Facebook, or via email!