- data collection
- cultural effects
- the Republic of Letters
Links to things mentioned on the show:
- On context collapse: 2.02: Basketballs ≠ Pumpkins
- Our strongest take on “big data:” 6.06: A Kind of Blindness—Smart cities, “big data”, and the meaninglessness of mere information.
- The Republic of Letters
- July (8.12 and 8.13): Dark Matters: On the Surveillance of Blackness, Simone Brown
- August (8.14 and 8.15): The Real World of Technology, Ursula Franklin
- September (8.16 and 8.17): (probably) Technopoly, Neil Postman
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Daniel Ellcey
- Douglas Campos
- Jake Grant
- Marnix Klooster
- Spencer Smith
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!